Managed IT services are some of the best ways for businesses to cut costs when it comes to technology. Hiring a managed IT service provider (MSP) can cut costs for your business and make it more efficient. Not only can these services be incredibly helpful, but many providers offer various services to meet your unique needs as a business.
Whether you are considering starting a business or have one up and running, you will need to invest some money and time into building an IT team. That said, managed IT services can be a great way to save money and time for your company’s tech.
Read on to discover more about managed IT services and how they can directly benefit your business!
What are Managed IT Services?
Managed IT services are typically used by small businesses that may not have an in-house IT team to manage their technology and IT needs. They offer their services at a flat rate to help a company with its tech needs, such as protecting its network, backing up data, and troubleshooting issues that arise. It is a convenient way to get IT support without hiring an entire team to work in-house.
This type of outsourcing provides small businesses with the support they need regarding technology. Generally, these managed IT service providers have teams that work together alongside a small business to create a package and a plan that works well for that business’s needs. They will help manage day-to-day issues, prevent long-term problems, and troubleshoot when necessary.
Pros and Cons of Managed IT Services
Like any service, there are pros and cons of managed IT services. Before deciding on whether or not to hire an outsourced IT service, consider the following:
- Consistent Monitoring: IT service teams will work directly with you to monitor your systems. This helps prevent security breaches and allows them to track data.
- Technology: While this does not apply to all providers, some of them will supply your business with devices and the right network. This is a benefit you can’t overlook due to the high cost of choosing and buying technology today.
- Expertise: It can be expensive to put together a team of IT managers. Luckily, sourcing a team from a service provider gets you access to experts for an affordable price. These experts have typically worked for years on IT issues and can directly work alongside you and your team to serve your needs as a business.
- Cost: Compared to hiring in-house support, managed IT can be very cost-effective.
- Remote Support: While outsourcing your IT services has many benefits; you may feel the repercussion of not having an in-person IT team. There are times when there will be conflicts with scheduling and meeting times due to the lack of physical presence. These service providers may not be local to your area, meaning virtual meetings are the only option.
- Different Cost Models: It’s important to evaluate the costs associated with outsourcing your IT with the time and expenses required to maintain a robust team in house. There may be upfront fees when partnering with an MSP; as well as ongoing contracts that need to be renewed. Consider what you can afford to pay while looking at the packages service providers offer.
Why You Need Managed IT Services
For most businesses, the pros of managed IT services outweigh the cons. Here are additional benefits to keep in mind as you consider whether or not you need to consider managed IT services.
Having expert tech support can be a win for any business. Many businesses hire in-house IT experts. While this can seem beneficial, it can be costly and not always worthwhile. Managed IT service providers can work just as quickly and efficiently as an in-house team.
There are around-the-clock providers available for assistance at any time. Many service providers offer teams of IT tech experts to continuously monitor your business network and work alongside you to ensure everything runs effectively and smoothly.
MSPs know all the ins and outs of their industry and keep up to date with emerging changes. They are highly knowledgeable about a variety of technology, which means that they can offer root-cause solutions and informed recommendations about the best tech, software, and processes for their clients.
When it comes to services, many people want to know what they are getting. This is something that you will be getting when you hire a service provider. Costs and services are presented upfront so you know exactly what your service provider will be doing and how much it will cost.
Security is a big issue when it comes to technology. Protecting your network is one of the most important things you can do. Managed IT services make this their priority . Not only will they protect you from security breaches, but they can also protect your data, benefiting you and your business in the long term.
Partner with a Managed IT Service Provider
Technology is necessary to build a successful business. However, not everyone is an expert when it comes to technology use. There are a lot of people who need support. This is where managed IT service providers like We Solve Problems come into play. Working alongside WSP offers direct access to experts who can enhance your knowledge while helping maintain your business. Reach out to WSP IT to get started with your technology assessment today.