Technology is used by almost everyone nowadays. However, when issues arise, who do you turn to? In the business world, most businesses have an in-house or outsourced (“managed”) form of IT services to help with their technology needs. It is essential to understand what these managed IT services are and how to benefit from them.
You could benefit from managed IT services if you run a small business. Read on to learn more about how you can benefit from these services!
What are These Services?
Put simply, managed IT services are a way to outsource your IT department. This may be a more affordable option than hiring an in-house IT department. This third party handles technology tasks for specific businesses. In a lot of cases, companies have an internal team that collaborates with an MSP, too. Supplementing your IT force can be beneficial if you are trying to scale your business.
Typically, a team of technology experts works together for a certain business to reduce costs and manage day-to-day issues that arise. External companies that supply these teams of IT experts are known as Managed Service Providers (MSPs).
What are MSPs Used for?
An MSP is a team that is hired by companies or organizations when they decide to outsource their IT team. These teams are typically cost-effective and an excellent solution for small businesses looking to protect their data. In addition to that, these teams work alongside an organization to meet its specific IT needs.
Important Managed IT Services
When you hire an MSP, it is important to look into what they offer. Each organization may do things differently, meaning it is crucial to define your company’s needs ahead of time. However, there are some standard beneficial services to look for when looking to hire a managed IT service:
- Support – Support from your IT team is critical. If you are outsourcing, it is important to have trust in your team to do what is best for your business. One of the most important things to consider is how quickly and efficiently they can identify and solve problems. Long term, this will avoid more extensive issues that can be detrimental and costly.
- Data Security – Any security issues or threats can be dangerous. Not only do businesses keep confidential information regarding money, resources, and the business, but they also keep data on their employees. Due to this, it is important to find a team that prioritizes data security and can avoid threats.
- Data Backup – One of the most important things to do as your business grows is to collect and save data. However, to protect this data, it needs to be backed up frequently. Therefore, hiring an IT team to back up data to a safe source consistently is important.
- Onsite Support – While many technical issues can be fixed remotely, having direct onsite support from your IT team can be beneficial.
How to Know if you Need Managed IT Services
At this point, you have seen that MSPs can benefit you and your small business. However, how do you know if you really need these services? Here are a couple of questions you can ask yourself to get a better idea of what will benefit you long-term:
- Is your current IT team doing an adequate job?
- Are you overpaying for IT and technology needs?
- Do you have an IT plan in place?
- Is your data protected and backed up regularly?
While these are not the only important questions, they can guide you towards the right answer when it comes to deciding to outsource your IT department.
Work With a Managed Service Provider
If you require a managed IT service provider, or if you have any questions about integrating these services into your business model, give We Solve Problems IT a call today. WSP provides each business with a strategy to meet its individual needs when it comes to IT and cyber security. Reach out to learn more today.